There are many ways to support Temple Shalom!
- Attending services and events
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat or a Kiddush for a special occasion.
- Donate items to the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Project, which serves homeless students at Lewiston High School.
- Drop off your cans and bottles at Roopers (545 Minot Ave, Auburn or 794 Sabattus St, Lewiston) and tell them they are for Temple Shalom.
- Join a committee and participate! See Contact Us for list of committee chairs.
- Donate books to our library (see our Library page for more information).
- Log onto Amazon Smile (see link at top), which allows you to choose Temple Shalom as your charity; we receive 0.5% of every purchase you make through that site.
- Donate to any of our funds.
General Fund: Maintains operation of the facility.
Abromson Fund: In memory of Michael Abromson; unspecified
Bodenheimer Passover Fund: In memory of Bert Bodenheimer; supports our annual seder
Family Hebrew School Fund
George E. Shapiro Memorial Fund: Unspecified
Marcus Memorial Garden Fund: Supports garden on right-hand side of walkway
Mitzvah Fund: Supports events as determined by the Program Committee
Minyanaire’s Fund: Supports charity as determined by the minyanaires
Pulpit/Prayer Book Fund
Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund: Supports various community needs not covered by other agencies
Randall Silver Library Fund: Supports purchase of library furnishings
Shirley Goodman Memorial Fund: Supports interior decoration and maintenance of temple building
Bell Memorial Chapel Fund
Cemetery Fund: Supports maintenance of the cemetery
Cohen/Levoy Garden Fund: Supports garden on left-hand side of walkway
Endowment Fund: General support of temple
Nussinow Nursery School Fund
Rabbinic Retention Fund: Supports rabbi’s salary
Youth Fund: Supports youth events when this group is active